Why is it so important to inspect your scissor lift before use every day? It’s for your safety. If damage or functional errors are identified before use, it could save your life. Below are a few things to consider during your pre-start inspection.
- Check for excessive wear, missing parts, and anything out of the ordinary.
- Look for hydraulic leaks and worn hoses that could damage the job site or cause the lift to malfunction.
- Check the platform rails and safety gate for damage.
- Electrical cables and wires are not torn, frayed, or disconnected.
- Check all switches and buttons for proper operation on the platform and base controls.
- Make sure all emergency stops work.
- The brakes engage and hold when the platform is elevated, and the wheels rotate freely.
- Confirm that the lift's batteries are charged completely before operating the lift.