220.127.116.11 Protection shall be provided on all sides of each work platform that is intended to prevent the fall of persons and materials. The protection shall be securely fastened to the work platform and shall, at a minimum, consist of guardrails at least 43.3 in (1.1 m) high, toeguards at least .33 ft (0.1 m) high and intermediate guardrails not further than 1.80 ft (0.55 m) from either the guardrails or the toeguards.
- There will be almost no change to rail height. Hy-Brid Lifts have always had taller rails. For most models, there will only be a difference of half an inch.
- All Hy-Brid Lifts will fit through a standard doorway in the stowed position without the need for folding rails.
- The updated rail system is interchangeable between Pro and Zero-Turn Series.
18.104.22.168 Any opening in the floor or between the floor and toeguards or access gates shall be dimensioned so as to prevent the passage of a sphere of 15 mm (.59 in) diameter.
4.6.7 Chains or ropes shall not be used as guardrails or access gates.
- The PA-1030 features a saloon style gate that meets these requirements.
- Pro and Zero-Turn Series will feature a full, cantilever gate with an elevating toeguard to prevent jamming.
22.214.171.124 Load Sensing System
a) It shall trigger after the rated load is reached and before120% of the rated load is exceeded.
b) When the load-sensing system is triggered, a warning consisting of a flashing red light visible from each preselected control position, together with an acoustic signal audible at each control position, shall be activated. The light shall continue to flash for as long as the overload persists and the acoustic alarm shall sound for periods of at least 5 seconds, repeated every minute.
c) If the load-sensing system was triggered during movement of the work platform, the possibility of movement shall remain.
d) If the load-sensing system is triggered while the work platform is stationary, it shall prevent all movement of the work platform. Movement shall only restart if the overload is removed.
e) For Type 1, Group A MEWPs (PA-1030), it is permitted for the load-control device to be effective only when raising the extending structure from the lowest position. In this case, for the overload test specified in 126.96.36.199, the test load shall be 150% of the rated load.
f) For Group A MEWPs, the load-sensing device need not be activated until the work platform is elevated above the lowest position more than 1 m or 10% of lift height, whichever is greater. If an overload condition is sensed at or above this height, further elevation shall be prevented.
- All Hy-Brid Lifts will be unable to elevate fully if the lift capacity is exceeded. In order to reach the full working height, weight will have to be removed from the platform.
188.8.131.52 Every MEWP shall have a device to indicate whether the inclination of the chassis is within the limits permitted by the manufacturer. This device shall be automatic, in accordance with 4.11, and shall be protected against damage and accidental change of its setting. Maintenance adjustment of the device shall require the use of tools.
184.108.40.206 The device shall also prevent elevation beyond the lowered travel position when the chassis inclination is beyond that specified by the manufacturer for that configuration.
- All Hy-Brid Lifts will come equipped with a tilt sensor that will prevent full elevation if the inclination of the MEWP is greater than 1.5 degrees.
- Hy-Brid Lifts have always been indoor only work platforms. By making them indoor only, we can ensure they will be the lightest weight MEWPs in the industry.
TIPPING POINT TESTING
220.127.116.11.1 The maximum overturning and corresponding stabilizing moments shall be calculated about the least favorable tipping lines. Tipping lines shall be determined in accordance with ISO 4305; however, for solid and foam-filled tires, the tipping lines may be taken at a point on the tire ground contact at a distance of 25% from the outside edge of the ground contact width.
- The tipping point is moving from the center of the work platform to the inside edge of the platform.