The Technical Service Representative provides a variety of technical operating and service advice to customers, supports the production line, and assists with warranty.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives calls from customers on equipment operating troubles and solves customer’s problems within 24 hours.
- Follow-up on pending warranty claims to bring to resolution: either issue credit, request defective parts be returned, or deny.
- Analyze warranty parts returned with responsible parties to determine cause of failure and necessary corrective measures.
- Track, manage and process all claims requiring parts be returned for evaluation and supplier recovery.
- Prepare and deliver service training schools to customers in the maintenance and care of equipment to assure desired operating level and warranty compliance through means of video, in person, bulletins, blogs etc.
- Assist processing part orders, acknowledgments, quotes, and/or returns.
- Assist in processing technical service bulletins.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands, and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related experience in a technical service or repair service roles
- Ability to read technical documentation and visual schematics
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company
- Strong foundation of basic mechanical and electrical (DC) theory.
- The ability to travel domestically.
- Preferred: A highly developed electrical/mechanical design aptitude, with direct experience working with motors, batteries, chargers, hydraulics, and electrical circuits.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of technical terminology in the aerial work platform and/or hydraulic lift industry
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record within Company standards, as well as possessing the ability to be insured is required.
The Technical Service Representative is primarily an in-house based role; domestic travel is required for service training and service needs and may extend to a level beyond 25%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
Hy-Brid Lifts by Custom Equipment, LLC is a growing company focused on the success of our employees and our products. We're proud to have creative teams that are constantly striving to produce innovative products with distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service.
We offer exceptional benefits, including competitive salaries, paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, vision, wellness programs, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend (5 minutes from Highway 45) along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield (right off Highway 41/45).
If you want to learn more about joining the Custom Equipment team, please take some time and apply today!