The Territory Manager for Custom Equipment LLC. will develop prospects, generate new sales, and manage existing accounts in the territory consisting of 3-6 states for all Hy-Brid product lines. This position ensures continued sales growth in the assigned region.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Exceeds annual sales targets and continues to increase market share for all product lines within the territory
- Holds primary responsibility in the territory for the Hy-Brid Lifts equipment sales process, including lead generation, lead follow-up, customer approach, product demonstration and sales order consummation and after-sale support
- Develops, utilizes and maintains the customer relationship management system insuring that customer focus and relationship building remain a focal point of the sales process
- Develops and maintains both new and existing customers
- Develops plan to ensure continued revenue growth
- Works closely with authorized distributors by providing knowledge, support and training in an effort to insure market representation and growth
- Elicit feedback from customers on existing service products, as well as changes, enhancements, and new offerings customers may like. Covey’s information to team members
- Continuously monitors market trends as it relates to current products, new product development, and market opportunities
- Prepares and submits expense, activity, and distributor related information in a timely basis as may be determined
- Plans, prepares, and attends trade shows as needed
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or a related field or equivalent experience in required
- 3-5 years of related experience in sales with proven record of sales success
- 1-2 years minimum of industry experience
- The ability to build trust, and consummate appropriate sales relationships
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate well with all stakeholders
- The ability to organize and prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- The ability to travel domestically on an “as needed” basis
The Territory Manager role is primarily a field base role; hence domestic travel is required and may extend to a level beyond 75%. This travel requirement is based on distributor location, territory size and geographic location of the sales group.
Certifications and/or licenses:
A valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record within Company standards, as well as possessing the ability to be insured is required.