Responsible for the timely ordering, delivery and recording the receipt of cost competitive, quality materials and supplies that sustain the company’s inventory goals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily purchasing duties ensuring timely and accurate inventory transactions, maintaining a steady flow of materials to production.
- Generate and analyze material requirements report, as needed, making sure components are procured to support production needs
- Negotiate pricing, terms, freight, and delivery with suppliers in order to optimize costs and deliveries that are favorable for Custom Equipment.
- Issue purchase orders to qualified suppliers for both inventory and MRO items.
- Source components as needed, including having multiple sources for key components
- Develop and monitor supplier report card data
- Optimize key inventory control and purchasing objectives.
- Reconcile receipt and cost difference with suppliers and finance.
- Analyze purchase price variance report on a timely basis.
- Participate in weekly S&OP meeting in order to monitor build schedule changes and how this would affect purchased components
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands, and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of recent purchasing experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Purchasing background in steel, electronics, and/or hydraulics preferred
- Familiarity in working with invoices, bills of material (BOM), drawings, and purchase orders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to be detail-oriented and work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with suppliers
- Ability to travel (10%) to key local suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
Hy-Brid Lifts by Custom Equipment, LLC is a growing company focused on the success of our employees and our products. We're proud to have creative teams that are constantly striving to produce innovative products with distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service.
We offer exceptional benefits, including competitive salaries, paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, vision, wellness programs, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend (5 minutes from Highway 45) along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield (right off Highway 41/45).
If you want to learn more about joining the Custom Equipment team, please take some time and apply today!