Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Shipping and Receiving Clerk performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, and inventory management. This position will mainly focus on receiving and shipping product while providing backup to Customer Service Fulfillment.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
- Unload trucks, count items received and check against packing lists, records any discrepancies for items received same day, and puts materials to their designated locations and updates ERP system on a daily basis.
- Monitor inventory levels, assist with routine cycle counts, assist in maintaining the Kanban system.
- Receives and processes incoming RMA’s, completes and forwards paperwork to designated areas.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Processes shipments including the printing packing slips and BOL’s
- Ability to work with TMS system to process carrier pick-ups within a designated time period.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist with customer service part orders picked with appropriate documentation, packed and shipped within 24 hours of receipt.
- Close out jobs upon receipt to stock.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associates Degree – Business
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Preferred: Experience in Shipping and Receiving and/or inventory control processes
- Ability to train and become forklift certified
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
-We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
-We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
-We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays and vacations, medical insurance, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
-We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield.
-If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!