Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Operates robotic welding equipment to produce scissor assemblies and fabricated metal parts and changes fixtures in robot. Observes robot operation to detect defects or machine malfunction, troubleshoots issues.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment with MIG, selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal. Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint.
- Produces parts per part print and labor standards to achieve production goals.
- Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, light torch, and adjust gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame, based on knowledge of gas-welding techniques.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications and performs a variety of quality control inspections on products, materials, components, and parts at various stages to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
- Repairs bad welds, fix broken or cracked metal objects, fill holes and build up metal parts.
- Uses inspection devices as necessary to inspect parts and verify that the part is to print as required.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Operates saws, ironworker, and drill presses.
- Chips or grinds off burrs, sharp edges, excess weld, slag, or spatter using hand or bench grinders and other power tools.
- Tack-welds parts in preparation for final welding.
- Performs first piece inspection regarding forming sequence, shape, etc. by comparing to model drawing.
- Maintains a clean, organized work area to support 5S initiative, personal and environment safety goals, and accomplish quality production.
- Follows safety regulations and observes environment to ensure safe working conditions are present and corrects issues that need attentions.
- Participates in cross-training throughout welding department and demonstrates an interest and flexibility in learning and working with others. Communicates with co-workers to maintain required production line flow.
- Accurately completes daily time cards and required production documentation.
- Serves as a positive role model in the work place and works in teams to accomplish overall plant goals regarding safety, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience welding in a manufacturing industry or equivalent
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to read measurement devices such as tape measure, combination square, carpenters square, T square, etc.
- Preferred -Ability to read and comprehend detailed drawings, prints, and work orders
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to lift, position, move, bend, flip parts in order to accomplish production goals that require loading, adjusting, turning, and removing small and large parts up to 60lbs
- Stands, bends, stretches, reaches, lifts repetitively to accomplish welding and other company-wide production goals
- Ability to occasionally lift greater than 75lbs with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, sit, in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, noisy area where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
This role is 1st shift: 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays/vacations/birthdays, medical insurance, a wellness program, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend (5 minutes from Highway 45) along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield (right off Highway 41/45).
If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!