Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Assists in staging production for welders and all others in the facility and supply them with all necessary supplies, fixtures, and pallets needed to complete staged jobs
- Prepare fabrications for shipping suppliers including but not limited to, palletizing, banding, wrapping, labeling, etc.
- Assists in ensuring all materials are unloaded from delivery trucks, verified for correctness, checked for damaged goods and materials transferred to their designated location or work station on a daily basis
- Operates robotic welding equipment to produce scissor assemblies and fabricated metal parts, loads and unloads parts, checks quality of welds, and does basic troubleshooting.
- Observes robot operation to detect defects or machine malfunction, reports issues that may fall outside of product specifications.
- Chips or grinds off burrs, sharp edges, excess weld, slag, or spatter using hand or bench grinders and other power tools.
- Performs various maintenance and custodial duties
- Follows safety regulations and observes environment to ensure safe working conditions are present and corrects issues that need attention
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read measurement devices such as tape measure, combination square, carpenters square, T square, etc.
- Preferred – Previous experience welding in a manufacturing industry
- Preferred- Previous experience with brake presses, welding, shipping and receiving.
- Preferred- Ability to develop more specialized skills in such areas as welding, blueprint readings, machine operation
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to lift, position, move, bend, flip parts in order to accomplish production goals that require loading, adjusting, turning, and removing small and large parts up to 60lbs with assistance
- Ability to occasionally lift greater than 75lbs with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, sit, in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, noisy area where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays and vacations, medical insurance, a wellness program, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield.
If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!