Essential Function and Responsibilities
- Receives calls from customers on equipment operating troubles and solves customer’s problems within 24 hours.
- Reports problems and customer concerns daily utilizing the CRM or other software designed by engineering.
- Assemble documentation of failure modes.
- Coordinates warranty repair claims with inside sales.
- Provide line support for issues realized during production. Relay solutions to Engineering/Manufacturing for correction.
- Develop and maintain on-going working relationships with all distributor service personnel.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as order acknowledgments, confirming part lead times, orders, quotes, or returns.
- Administer parts product information, parts promotions, and technical service bulletins as directed by engineering.
- May present service schools to customers covering the technical service, operating functions, and maintenance of equipment to assure desired operating level and warranty compliance.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of related experience in a technical service or repair service role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company
- Strong foundation of basic mechanical and electrical (DC) theory.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under high stress conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and peers, both written and verbally
- Preferred: A highly developed electrical/mechanical design aptitude, with direct experience working with motors, batteries, chargers, hydraulics, and electrical circuits.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of technical terminology in the aerial work platform and/or hydraulic lift industry
- Ability to read technical documentation and visual schematics
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- This position usually works regular business hours but may be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Works in an office and factories, may have to travel between sites locally. Job site and remote field work will be required as needed
- May have to work around heavy machinery, noisy and/or dirty conditions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, sit, in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, noisy area where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays and vacations, medical insurance, a wellness program, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield.
If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!