The Service Technician provides a variety of technical operating and service advice to customers, supports production line, and assists with warranty.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
- Receives calls from customers on equipment operating troubles and solves customer’s problems within 24 hours. Logs calls into Salesforce daily.
- Reports problems and customer concerns daily utilizing Salesforce.
- Assemble documentation of failure modes.
- Provide line support for issues realized during production. Relay solutions the Service Manager for corrective action.
- Assist in the inspection of pre-owned machines and perform repairs as directed by the Service Manager.
- Assist in accurately processing customer transactions such as order acknowledgments, confirming part lead times, orders, quotes, or returns.
- Assist in analyzing warranty parts returned to determine cause of failure.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of related experience in a technical service or repair service roles
- Ability to read technical documentation and visual schematics
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company
- Strong foundation of basic mechanical and electrical (DC) theory.
- Preferred: A highly developed electrical/mechanical design aptitude, with direct experience working with motors, batteries, chargers, hydraulics, and electrical circuits.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of technical terminology in the aerial work platform and/or hydraulic lift industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays and vacations, medical insurance, a wellness program, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield.
If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!