The Technical Service Representative provides a variety of technical operating and service advice to customers, supports production line, and assists with warranty.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receive calls from customers on equipment operating troubles and solve customer problems within 24 hours. Log calls into Salesforce daily.
- Report problems and customer concerns daily utilizing Salesforce.
- Assemble documentation of failure modes.
- Coordinate warranty repair claims with inside sales.
- Provide line support for issues realized during production. Relay solutions to engineering/manufacturing for corrective action.
- Develop and maintain on-going working relationships with all distributor service personnel.
- Accurately process customer transations such as order acknowledgements and confirming part lead times, orders, quotes, or returns.
- Administer parts product information, parts promotions, and technical service bulletins as directed by engineering.
- May present service schools to customers covering the technical service, operating functions, and maintenance of equipment to assure desired operating level and warranty compliance.
- May perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands, and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of related experience in a technical service or repair service role.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company.
- Strong foundation of basic mechanical and electrical (DC) theory.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under high stress conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and peers, both written and verbally.
- Ability to reach technical documentation and visual schematics.
- Preferred: A highly developed electrical/mechanical design aptitude with direct experience working with motors, batteries, chargers, hydraulics, and electrical circuits.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of technical terminology in the aerial work platform and/or hydraulic lift industry.
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- This position typically works regular business hours but may be required to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Works in an office and factories, may have to travel locally between sites. Jobsite and remote field work will be required as needed.
- May have to work around heavy machinery in noisy and/or dirty conditions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, and sit in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, and noisy areas where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
Hy-Brid Lifts by Custom Equipment, LLC is a growing company focused on the success of our employees and our products. We're proud to have creative teams that are constantly striving to produce innovative products with distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service.
We offer exceptional benefits, including competitive salaries, paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, vision, wellness programs, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend (5 minutes from Highway 45) along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield (right off Highway 41/45).
If you want to learn more about joining the Custom Equipment team, please take some time and apply today!