Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Research new and existing product designs, leading efforts to achieve company strategic goals for innovation and profitability.
- Coordinate implementation of assigned projects with stakeholders in other departments.
- Prepare cost estimates for assigned projects and be accountable for driving to meet targets.
- Reviews Engineering drawings and specification, makes recommendations for changes to Engineering documentation through Product Data Management (PDM) System
- Create formal engineering documents including schematics and test reports.
- Works with purchasing and vendors for compliance to regulatory and in-house standards
- Assists with written procedures and process documentation
- Responsible for drawing and BOM accuracy, ensuring the ERP software system data is accurate, and ensuring procurement efforts are utilizing the most current revision drawings for manufacturing.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- Through the direction of the VP of Engineering
- Perform other related duties and projects assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, physical demands and/or ability required for this position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related hands-on field experience.
- 0-5 years' experience in manufacturing environment
- Good mechanical/technical skills associated with a manufacturing environment
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks, Solidworks Electrical)
- Computer Literate, proficient computer skills to enable the candidate to utilize various database, spreadsheet, word processing and time management programs
- Experienced with ERP systems
- Ability to work within a Product Data Management (PDM) System
- Good time management skills
- Must be able to work within a team environment and work independently when necessary
- Good interpersonal/social skills especially when troubleshooting customer machines.
- Ability to use logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and peers, both written and verbally
- Preferred: A highly developed elctro-mechanical design aptitude, with direct experience working with motors, electrical circuits, hydraulics, and sheet metal.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of technical terminology in the aerial work platform and/or hydraulic lift industry
- Preferred: Experience with various design and testing standards. (CSA, ANSI, ISO, CE, etc…)
- Preferred: Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC).
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- This position usually works regular business hours but may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
- Works in an office and factories, may have to travel between sites locally. Job site and remote field work will be required as needed.
- May have to work around heavy machinery, noisy and/or dirty conditions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, kneel, reach, lift, sit, in hot, cold, dusty, elevated, noisy area where foot and automated equipment movement, airborne, dust/fumes, and ultraviolet light are present
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Custom Equipment?
We are a growing business focused on the success of our employees and our products.
We are proud to say we have creative teams that are constantly striving to provide innovative products, distinctive quality, and unparalleled customer service.
We have exceptional benefits including paid holidays and vacations, medical insurance, a wellness program, fun company outings, retirement packages, and so much more!
We have a welding and fabrication facility in West Bend along with our assembly and headquarters located in Richfield.
If you want to learn more about joining Custom Equipment’s team please take some time and apply today!